welcome

The Ripe Stuff is a personal and lifestyle blog that was created to reflect a way of positive thinking, constant learning and growing.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Dating Makes You Fat

I have been dating for the past 7 months now and I am making a bold statement: Dating makes you fat.

Mid-week drinks, dinners, interrupted gym schedules, movie snacks, and emotional eating. Dating doesn't sound so fun after all. Can I suggest a gym date next time?

I'm very traditional and appreciate going out to dinner for a date. I think its a nice way to get to know someone and also bond over one of the wonders of NYC-- food. However, the scale does not agree. Missing my workouts for a late night of a few cocktails and rich delicious food is beginning to bite me in the butt. And after a late night, it's hard to get back on track for the rest of the week!

What's a girl to do? Stop dating? Perhaps for a little bit. I think I need to get back into my routine and my healthier habits. Mid-week drinking isn't really my forte and I'd much prefer a 45-minute date with the pavement or machines. Maybe even a room full of sweaty women pretending we can shake our booties like Beyonce (Zumba). If it means I can get to my goal weight, I'm all in!

How do you handle dating in your schedule? Do you wake up early to get a work-out in when you know you'll miss it in the evening?

-Riana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers