welcome

The Ripe Stuff is a personal and lifestyle blog that was created to reflect a way of positive thinking, constant learning and growing.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sundays

Today was a good day! I woke up at 8:30 for a nice 4 mile run. It was chilly but gorgeous out. Then, I came back and walked to a Weight Watchers meeting as I sipped my green juice (which was delicious by the way). I decided to rejoin WW because I like the structure of having a points system and going to weekly weigh-ins. I was surprised that my weight was 4 pounds lower than it had been this week, but I guess a few days of runs and walking around got me back down to normal. Now I'm just about 11ish pounds away from my goal, which doesn't sound too scary or terrible!


Delicious green juice from Juice Generation

Yesterday I saw Cinderella on Broadway with my lovely mother and sister. The show was so cute and sweet and I absolutely loved the actress who played Cinderella. I think the show was very well-done and I could see why all the little girls loved it so much (maybe I'm still a little girl...)

Anyway, after my WW meeting, I went to Whole Foods and stocked up on LOTS of healthy food (spent more money than I had been planning, but I guess I'm on a healthy track now so that's what matters). I bought lots of fresh produce, chicken, fish, some frozen vegetables, and some healthy snacks that I think will help me adjust to this portion-controlled way of eating. I bought rice cakes and Terra chips-- I know, risky choices, but I really want to learn the habit of control. I don't want to deprive myself and I want to lose the weight the healthy way, which means allowing myself to eat the foods I like, but in moderation, so I don't binge on the weekends on cupcakes and pizza and what have you. I also bought almond butter and almond milk-- which I think will be great healthy snacks. The almond butter tastes great with apples and I think it will also taste good with yogurt and other fruits. The almond milk will be great in a smoothie and I think its just a healthy option in general. But fruits and veggies should be the majority of my snacks... the rest will be a treat.

After food shopping, I went to brunch with my sister and her friend at Uva, an UES favorite. Then we went to West Elm and bought a great bar stand for our living room which I absolutely love! It's so nice to be able to treat yourself to things, with your OWN money, and decorate your OWN apartment. Our bar stand is a bit bare, but its nothing that a few cool liquor and wine bottles won't fix. Plus, that's not a terrible problem to have, not having enough alcohol. Ha! I've been thinking about alcohol and how it would effect my dieting. It would obviously make it harder to lose weight. I've been thinking about limiting my drinking to just the weekend, and just a few drinks, like maybe 2. I'm not a huge fan of drinking anyway, I hate the way it makes me feel the next day, and I get ravenous when I have more than a few drinks. I'd rather be in control and be able to enjoy the liberties of a hangover-free day.


Our new bar stand, purchased at West Elm

How do you feel about alcohol when dieting? Do you limit yourself to a few drinks, or none at all?

-Riana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers