welcome

The Ripe Stuff is a personal and lifestyle blog that was created to reflect a way of positive thinking, constant learning and growing.

Monday, March 11, 2013

First Weigh In + This Week's Eats

I woke up at 8:30 yesterday morning after a fun night out at Jones Wood Foundry, a neighborhood British-style pub with my sister and friend. We drank Lambrusco and chatted and enjoyed the company of a very cute British bartender (brings me back to my days in London!). Anyway, yesterday morning was beautiful. I stepped outside with a plan to go for a 4-mile run along the FDR, but decided I'd run to Central Park instead and do a lap around the beautiful Jackie Onassis Kennedy Reservoir.


View of the beautiful reservoir during yesterday's run

Google maps told me the run would be 1.5 miles to the reservoir, and I figured the reservoir was about 1 mile, and then I'd run the 1.5 back, for a total of 4 miles. However, it was a bit further than I had anticipated! My run ended up being around 4.25 miles before I decided to catch the bus home. Unfortunately for me, there wasn't a bus in site, and I finished off my journey by running back home, for a total of about 5 miles. It was a beautiful day though, so I really didn't mind. I just didn't want to be late for my first WW weigh-in!

I got home at 9:45 and made my way back out after grabbing a KIND Bar and apple, and filling up my water bottle of course. I made it to the meeting at about 10:05, and though I was a little late, I was very satisfied with the turn-out of my weigh-in! I lost 2 pounds this week! I'm happy and proud of myself for my hard work, but I am also a little anxious to get the rest of the 11.8 pounds off.


Some of the delicious and healthy meals I've eaten recently-- all made by yours truly except the Chobani cup ;)
Orange and ginger glazed salmon topped with fresh salsa, w/roasted peppers and salad; an egg white omelette with salsa and a side of fresh blueberries and kiwk, delicious greek yogurt with granola, agave, and fresh fruit from Macondo, and a Chobani greek yogurt cup with dark chocolate, pistachios, oranges, and mint from the Chobani flagship in SoHo (a favorite of mine)!

Losing weight when you are already somewhat close to your goal is very challenging, and I know it won't be easy. I have to be meticulous about tracking what I eat, especially as I get closer to my goal. I also have taken on the new workout routine I shared in Saturday's post. I think the increase in weight training and high-intensity runs will help, and I am being very careful about what I'm eating, at least during the week. I had a few more drinks than I would have planned this weekend (Saturday night in particular), but I won't let this happen frequently, and fortunately it didn't effect my weight loss. I also had a bit of an indulgent lunch at Peels (my favorite brunch place) yesterday, and that could be a pitfall, but I think I have enough time this week to make up for it, plus I earned 8 extra activity points during yesterday morning's run, and I have the weekly point balance I can dig into on occasion. I still feel very much in control, and I'm excited for the challenges this week's workout plan will bring. I can do it!

-Riana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers