welcome

The Ripe Stuff is a personal and lifestyle blog that was created to reflect a way of positive thinking, constant learning and growing.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pretty Skin, Please!

If you know me, you know how much I love beauty products! It's not so much as the makeup as it is trying out new products that just make me feel that I look my best. After years of using the same skincare regimen (I had literally been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Kiehl's Cucumber Toner as well as Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion for blemishes since the 6th grade), I decided that I needed a new routine.

Apparently, like a diet or workout routine, a skincare routine needs a refresher too! As we get older and our skin changes, we have to make sure to change up what we are conditioning our skin with on a daily (and nightly) basis. I started making over my routine by adding an exfoliator into the mix. I've been using Origins' Modern Friction exfolatior since the summer, and while it does make my skin a bit softer, I don't see any major changes in my pores, which is what I was hoping for.

After experimenting with various other Kiehl's products and samples, I decided to take to one of my all-time favorite places, ever: Sephora. I did some research to see what type of skin-care products I should be searching for, and decided to focus on my rosacea. I found many positive reviews on Clinique's Redness Solutions Kit, which includes a cleanser, relief cream, and SPF base.



I just placed the order so I have yet to report back with my findings. Unfortunately part of the process of finding a new skincare routine is trial and error! Fortunately, though, Sephora has great customer service and a forgiving return policy, so if Clinique is not right for me, I will find something that is!

Stay tuned.
-Riana

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers