welcome

The Ripe Stuff is a personal and lifestyle blog that was created to reflect a way of positive thinking, constant learning and growing.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Back in the Groove

I don't like to think that I've fallen off the wagon but I've definitely had some hiccups in my quest to healthiness.

I think part of the reason it is difficult for me to lose the last 12 pounds I've wanted to lose for a while is living in the city and being surrounded by wonderful things to eat and drink everywhere I look! Also, being at work from 9-5 every day can put many dangerous opportunities in front of our faces-- cupcakes, sugary drinks, an amazing cafeteria, and a few too many happy hours and snack times. How do I get back on track? How can I finally lose these LBS?!

I don't want to make a huge list of things I'm going to change because that can be both overwhelming and scary when I start to see myself falling off the wagon. My goal this time, is to change one habit each week. This week's is getting back into calorie-counting consistently. I use MyFitnessPal, which is a great app where I can track both my calories and my exercise. I've been using a Heart Rate Monitor when exercising so I know exactly how many calories I am burning and can eat. I'm thinking that the more conscious I am about what I am eating/how many calories I am consuming, the easier it will be to limit my portions and make healthier choices.

Here's what I've eaten today so far:

Breakfast:
Almond Coconut KIND Bar -- these are SO delicious and satisfying - 210 calories

Mid-morning Snack:
Chobani Flip (Vanilla-Chocolate Chip/Raspberry) - 165 calories

Lunch:
Baby spinach salad with honey turkey, pepperjack cheese, red peppers, avocado, and olive oil - 351 calories

Afternoon Snack:
Skim latte - 130 calories
Terra Chips - 300 calories

Exercise:
3 Mile Run - -300 calories
30 Minute Nike Training Club Workout - -300 calories

Evening Snack (since I am having a late dinner):
Baby carrots - 79 calories

This means I will have 635 calories left for dinner. I am thinking I will have a piece of fish (Branzino or Salmon) and some vegetables, and one glass of wine.

I am also taking my first meditation class tonight! I'm very excited about it as I think it will be very helpful in teaching me how to relax and maybe curb some of the anxious thoughts I often have.

Going to finish up my day so I can head to the gym.

Until tomorrow!
-Riana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers